For a small business like HUB, it is always an honour to work for other family businesses, and we are certainly proud to be working for Ideal Manufacturing, a client since 2014 who have just won the Family Business Awards 2017 for the ‘Best Use of Digital’.
Established in 2010, the Family Business Awards is a charitable initiative organised by Nottinghamshire family business The Wilson Organisation. Through the Awards, The Wilson Organisation aim to create an ethical, friendly and supportive community for family businesses.
Having been highly commended in 2016 in the ‘Best Use of Digital’ category, this year, Ideal Manufacturing have won the highly-competitive category.
The Best Use of Digital award category is for family businesses from all sectors and across all generations that have embraced the digital world to drive success. Digital has been embraced across many sectors from manufacturing to hospitality, using a wide range of technologies from CAD and 3D printing to websites, apps and social media. But what did the judges want to see?
• Details of the digital initiative/s and the business objectives behind them
• Research, planning and strategy utilised
• Evidence of impact on the family business – increase in enquiries, bookings, sales, increase in web traffic etc
• Cost of implementation – on the basis of quality, cost and value for money to the family business
• Plans for the future use of digital
The winners for the category in 2017 were as follows:
Best Use of Digital – sponsored by Distinction
Winner – Ideal Manufacturing
Highly Commended – Dalycom
Highly Commended – Micronclean
Read more about HUB Digital Strategy Services and find out how to develop an award-winning digital strategy